The Resource Center
Hours of Operation
Daily 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Wednesdays 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Mondays – Fridays 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
The Resource Center improves the daily lives of our clients and dinner guests by offering: access to personal mail and telephone, token assistance to reach shelters, toiletries, blankets, over the counter meds, and referral to shelter services. The Center, with a staff of two employees assisted by over 16 volunteers a month, also offers basic case management services, information and referral, advocacy, bi-lingual services, immigration assistance, prescription assistance and crisis intervention. The Center also coordinates the on-site services of: Legal Aid lawyers, Department of Veterans Affairs outreach workers, barbers, and tax preparers.
The Resource Center staff works in coordination with the staff from Community Vision, a program in our building, to best serve the needs of the men and women utilizing the services of both programs. Our staff also works closely with other providers in the County and the greater DC area, including Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless. Click here to offer a priceless service.
Outcomes for 2011
- 5,156 Unduplicated clients received services.
- 269 Spanish Speaking clients received services.
- 20,204 Client Contacts with the Resource Center.
- 958 New Clients.
- 22 Mobile Med visits. (January - June)
- 267 Clients accessing prescription meds.
- 585 Prescriptions filled.
- 12,179 Tokens distributed to reach shelters.
- 25,003 Pieces of mail distributed.
- 198 Haircuts given.
- 95 Pro-bono lawyer appointments.
- 262 Blankets distributed.