The Eye Clinic
Service provided in 2011
Open Tuesdays 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
In 1999, The Eye Clinic was opened to address the acute need of the uninsured for vision testing, glaucoma screening, and prescription eyeglass service. Dr. Bernetta Davis is our resident physician.For Volunteer opportunities Click here.
Eligibility to receive free eye care:
- Must be an adult 18 years old or older.
- Must be a resident of Montgomery County.
- Household income must be below 175% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Must not have medical insurance that covers vision care.
- Must be referred by an authorized Montgomery County government or private nonprofit agency.
Referrals are accepted from caseworkers, social workers, and the following agencies:
|MUM (Mid County)
|REAP (Assistant Program)
|UMAN (Upper County)
|WUMCO (Western Upper)
|TESS Regional Health Center
|Health and Human Services
|Avery Road Treatment Center
|Chase Partnership House
|Community Based Shelter
|Casa of Maryland
What to do on the day of your appointment:
- Arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- Bring photo ID.
- Bring an interpreter if you do not speak English.
- Check in with the Eye Clinic assistant.
- Complete the forms.
For more information, please call 301-587-0688.
While the Eye Clinic services are free, donations are appreciated.If you in want to make a difference in your comuunity please.